The Bo'ness hillclimb in Stirlingshire started in 1934 and was Scotland's first purpose built motor racing venue. The track climbed for 880 yards on roads within the grounds of Kinneil House. Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart and Stirling Moss competed here in the early days of their careers. Dwindling entries forced its closure in 1955 however events ran again in 1959 until the final closure was announced in 1967 and a housing estate was built on the top section of the track.


Recently a group of enthusiasts formed the Bo'ness Hill Climb Revival Club and ran the first revival hillclimb in 2008 over a shortened track. Thanks to their efforts this has become a popular annual event attracting many exciting historic cars.

The Bo'ness Hill Climb Revival website gives further information.

© W.Henderson . all rights reserved